Thursday, February 21, 2013

Struggling against Intacct reporting

So I've been struggling with Intacct reporting for the past few days. To put it bluntly, it's hard to get what you need out of the budgeting system. Note: I've successfully wrangled data at five or six companies using a variety of financial tools ranging from Great Plains to Oracle. I've written monthly reporting packages for three companies, one of which is public and the other two large private companies.

Intacct is by far the worst reporting that I have seen in any financial software, and I have seen many. Even Quickbooks has better reporting than Intacct.

The reporting managest to be:
1. As complex as enterprise level specialty reporting tools
2. Far less powerful than enterprise tools.
3. Far less powerful than other mid-market accounting systems reporting tools.
4. Painful.

For example, i want to download Budget data in the same format as the GL download. Possible? not so far as I can tell...

I can't see why someone would pick this software to run a business.

No comments: