- House of Kebabs, Sunnyvale. Excellent Kebabs for about $11
- Kebab and Curry, Santa Clara, Cheap excellent Pakistani food in an atmosphere that's...authentic.
- Chelokebabi, Sunnyvale. Excellent, expensive Persian and kebabs.
- Kabul, Sunnyvale. Expensive Afghan food-, good service, white tablecloths
- Falafel Stop - Sunnyvale
- Kan Zeman, Palo Alto. Cheap middle eastern food. Decent.
- Shah/Shan (Sunnyvale/Mtn View border). Excellent Pakistani food in a hole in the wall. Between a strip club and a tattoo parlor. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Shalimar (Sunnyvale/Mtn View border) Very good Pakistani food and slightly nicer than Shan.
- China Palace, Milpitas. Excellent hole in the wall. Open very late. Try the crispy chicken, which is second only to R&G in San Francisco. On the first floor of the Ulferts Plaza Chinese mall.
- Ai Noodle - Cupertino - go for the spicy noodle soup, which everyone else is eating.
- Southland Flavor Cafe - Taiwanese classics in a Chinese mall.
- Pho Nam, Sunnyvale. Good Pho, at two locations.
- Pho Wagon, on Hollenbeck. The best Pho in the area in my opinion.
- Lemongrass Thai, Sunnyvale. In my opinion, the best Thai in Sunnyvale.
- Tia Juana, Sunnyvale
- Chavez Market, Sunnyvale. Taco stand in the back of an excellent Mexican market.
- Roberto's, downtown Sunnyvale.
- Saizo, Sunnyvale. Excellent chicken skewers and Izikaya.
- Nijaya Market, Mountain View (Sushi counter at Japanese grocery store
- Rokko - downtown Sunnyvale. Excellent, expensive Japanese food.
- Spice Hut, Sunnyvale - go for the Samosa,
- Saravana Bhavan, Sunnyvale Vegetarian Southern Indian Food. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.) Especially recommended: Executive meal, aka Thali plate. Go on a Friday/Saturday night for the full experience. Good for children.
- Shah - Indo-Pakistani cuisine. Perhaps the best naan in the area, certainly one of the very best (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).
- Amber Cafe, Mountain View, on el Camino. Especially recomnended is the Gobi Manchurian but everything is good.(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).
- Aachi Appakadai - the spiciest Indian food around, specializes in Aapam rice pancakes and fish curries.(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).
- Hobee's - one of the few places that serves brunch
- St. Johns, Sunnyvale - burgers, great evening and weekend specials.
- Palace Cafe, Sunnyvale
- Zeni (ethiopian), San Jose (Highly recommended)
Starlite Dance Studio, Sunnyvale. Serious ballroom dance lessons.
Rooster T. Feathers Comedy Club, Sunnyvale
Mechanic: Mountain View Radiator, Mountain View. Japanese car specialist.
Dentist: Dr. Stanley Lin, Kifer Park Dental,Sunnyvale